WACO, TX – The Texas Sports Hall of Fame has announced the induction of seven new members into its 2019 Hall of Fame class.
The inductees include:
- Tennis star Maureen Connolly Brinker (deceased)
- Texas A&M and NFL kicker Tony Franklin
- Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson
- Pro basketball star Nancy Lieberman
- University of Arkansas Outland Trophy winner Loyd Phillips
- University of Texas and MLB pitcher Greg Swindell
- Dallas Cowboy All Pro tight end Jason Witten.
The 2019 class will be honored on Saturday, March 30, 2019 at 6 p.m. at the Waco Convention Center.
A reception will be held at the Texas Sports Hall of Fame before the banquet at 4 p.m. Combination Reception/Banquet tickets are $200 each or $1,400 for a reserved table of eight. Banquet-only tickets can be purchased for $75 each, or $600 for a reserved table of eight. To purchase tickets, please call the museum at 800-567-9561 or visit www.tshof.org
“On behalf of the Texas Sports Hall of Fame Board of Trustees, staff and previous inductees I extend a warm welcome to the 2019 Hall of Fame class,” said Cooper Jones, President & CEO of the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. “The TSHOF prides itself on recognizing the best and the brightest sports legends in the State of Texas, and the 2019 class certainly lives up to — and exceeds — that standard.”