Here is the 2019 Texas Associated Press Sports Editors Class 3A all-state high school football team. Voting was based on regular-season performance.
Players are listed in alphabetical order at each position.
- JACKSON FINNEY, Brock, Sr. — 95% grade for team that averaged 300 ypg rushing
- JUSTIN KITCHEN, Elysian Fields, Jr. — 91% grade, 63 pancakes, zero sacks on 194 pass attempts, team averaged 510 yards and 40.1 ppg
- BLAKE RODGERS, Vanderbilt Industrial, Jr. — 96% grade, 45 pancakes for offense that averaged 375 ypg
- ASHTON SMITH, Stanton, Jr. —96% grade, 45 pancakes for team that averaged 220 rush ypg
- ADAM WINN, Ballinger, Jr. — 95% grade, 36 pancakes, 60 knockdowns, two sacks allowed
- TJ FERCH, Clifton, Sr. — 65-1,134, 14 TDs
- JAYLN MARKS, WF City View, Sr. — 50-1,315, 25 TDs
- DANE JENTSCH, Grandview, Jr. — 141-213-2,438, 30 TDs, 4 INTs; 567 rushing yards, 6 TDs
- CY SHOPE, Pottsboro, Sr. — 165-1,591, 28 TDs
- TYREE SIMCIK, Columbus, Sr. — 2,002 rushing yards, 29 TDs
- CHRISTAVIAN SMITH, Elysian Fields, Sr. — 1,379 yards, 22 TDs rushing; 50-903, 5 TDs receiving
- SANTIAGO VILLANUEVA, Edna, Jr. — 41-42 PATs, 4-4 FGs, long of 47, 25 touchbacks
Offensive Player of the Year: Dane Jentsch, Grandview.
- BRETT DRILLETTE, Brock, Jr. — 107 tackles, 7 sacks, 5 FF
- KEIUNTRAY HAWKINS, Omaha Pewitt, Sr. — 90 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 2 FF, 3 FR
- ERIC JEFFERSON, Dallas Madison, Jr. — 64 tackles, 10 sacks, fumble return for TD
- ADAM WINN, Ballinger, Jr. — 97 tackles, 58 solo, 11 TFL, 4 sacks, 2 blocked kicks, 2 FF
- MASON ALLSUP, Brady, Sr. — 120 tackles, 60 solo, 20 TFL, 7 sacks, 2 FF
- PEYTON SNOW, Winona, Jr. — 163 tackles, 3 INTs, 3 sacks, 3 FF, 2 FR, 4 TFL, defensive TD
- ZACH VILLARREAL, Gladewater, Sr. — 141 tackles, 11 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 FF
- SERGIO GUERRA, San Diego, Jr.— 126 tackles, 3 TFL, 7 INTs, INT return for TD, 3 FF
- DANE JENTSCH, Grandview, Jr. — 111 tackles, 3 INTs, 1 FF, 4 PBUs
- PEYTON LOWE, Gunter, Sr. — 83 tackles, 3 TFL, 3 PBUs, 2 INTs, 4 defensive TDs
- HUTCH RABENALDT, Marion, Sr. — 7 INTs, 72 tackles
- JONATHON BROOKS, Hallettsville, Jr. — 20 punts, 42.3 avg., long of 71
Defensive Player of the Year: Peyton Snow, Winona.
- Trent Bolt, Gladewater, Sr.; Asher Gonzalez, San Diego, Soph.; Miles Keith, Abernathy, Sr.; Cameron Raulston, CC London, Sr.; Tate Williams, Wall, Jr.
- Anthony Bonilla, Eastland, Sr.; Kobe Young, Cameron Yoe, Sr.
- Jaylin Thibodeaux, Dallas Madison, Sr.
- Dee Black, Jefferson, Sr.; Zach Hrbacek, Troy, Jr.; Cash Jones, Brock, Jr.
- Fernando Jaimes, Sabine, Sr.
- Tyler Cherry, Jefferson, Sr.; Jason Gossett, Troup, Sr.; Chad Reeves, Daingerfield, Sr.; Joe Walker, Wall, Sr.
- Cooper Bean, Ballinger, Sr.; Ty Kirkland, Elysian Fields, Jr.; Drew Morrison, Wall, Jr.
- Tyrese Grant, Daingerfield; Jack Koetting, Canadian; Dakari Lee, Dallas Madison; Lance Welps, Amarillo River Road, Jr.
HONORABLE MENTION OFFENSE
LINEMEN: Tykelan Black, Daingerfield; Ruben Bowman, Dallas Madison; Logan Carroll, George West; Koby Cordero, Cisco; Mason Damron, Jacksboro; Saul Escamilla, Canadian; Duke Fitts, Omaha Pewitt; Christian Gomez, Edna; Rhys Kelley, Omaha Pewitt; Spencer McCarty, Tuscola Jim Ned; Blayke Moreland, Vanderbilt Industrial; Bryce Ridenour, Daingerfield; Jailyn Robertson, Gladewater; Will Scott, Cameron Yoe; Garrett Towery, Troup; Larson Workman, Ganado.
RECEIVERS/ENDS: Austin Boyd, Grandview; Brandon Cerna, Crane; Caleb Galindo, Brady; Titus Lyons, Pottsboro; Jake Orcutt, Bushland; Mason Perales, Tidehaven; Beau Workman, Troy.
QUARTERBACKS: Walker Bauer, Brady; Bryson Daily, Abernathy; Behren Morton, Eastland; Jared Thomas, Bushland; Jaxon Willis, Crane.
RUNNING BACKS: La-Jathan Allen, Omaha Pewitt; Jacob Bautista, Friona; Brandon Belcher, Amarillo River Road; Jonathon Brooks, Hallettsville; Jakobie Craver, Daingerfield; Jose Diaz-Mendez, Santa Rosa; Gary Haynes, Palacios; Hayze Hufstedler, Canadian; Quin Johnson, Winona; Jayleen Record, Dallas Madison.
KICKERS: Andy Prazak, New Diana; Logan Whitling, Holliday.
HONORABLE MENTION DEFENSE
LINEMEN: Silas Barr, Pottsboro; Logan Carroll, George West; Dametrious Crownover, Grandview; Keegan Dobbs, Coahoma; Eduardo Gil, Cameron Yoe; Tristan Green, Sabine; Dillon Inman, Boyd; Johnny Jurado, Dublin; Cole Lee, East Bernard; Devin Smith, George West; Zach Tyeskie, Gladewater.
LINEBACKERS: Antonio Arellano, Grandview; Carson Carter, Brock; Kevin Cervantes, Dublin; Reagan Cochran, Canadian; Jourdain Durham, WF City View; Patrick England, Cameron Yoe; Dante Flores, Abernathy; Jackson Illingworth, Elysian Fields; Bill Koetting, Canadian; Michael Lehnhardt, Grandview; Travis Matula, Hallettsville; Evan Peel, Daingerfield; Bryson Rigsby, Gunter; Bryce Smith, Grand Saline; Nick Taylor, Boyd; Nico Vargas, Cameron Yoe; Jayden Williams, Marion; Kadin Workman, Troy.
DEFENSIVE BACKS: Walker Bauer, Brady; Anthony Bonilla, Eastland; Colton Diebitsch, Wall; Luke Dillingham, Brock; Isaac Gutierrez, Mathis; Jayln Marks, WF City View; Clayton Reed, Gunter; Calvin Stewart, Cameron Yoe; Regan Whitley, East Bernard.
APSE Class 6A all-state football 2019
APSE Class 5A all-state football 2019
APSE Class 4A all-state football 2019
4 thoughts on “APSE Class 3A all-state football 2019”