The 2017 Texas Associated Press Sports Editors Class 2A all-state high school football team, released Sunday. Voting based on regular-season performance. Players are listed in alphabetical order at each position.
- KEYTON CASTRO, Three Rivers, Sr. — 98 percent grade for offense that rushed for 4,385 yards, no sacks allowed
- CARSON CHEANEY, Muenster, Sr. — 97 percent grade, no sacks allowed, 23 pancakes, 38 cut blocks
- COLE JALUFKA, Shriner, Sr. — Graded at 96 percent for offense that rushed for 2,475 yards, 30 knockdowns, 15 pancakes
- MASON STANLEY, Menard, Jr. — 96 percent grade, 30 pancakes for team that rushed for 2,800 yards
- TREY UPTON, Refugio, Sr. — 96 percent grade, 34 pancakes, allowed 0 sacks
- NELSON BERMUDEZ, McCamey, Sr. — 49-1,070 yards, 18 TDs
- HUNTER HAWTHORNE, Bells, Sr. — 102-1,605 yards, 22 TDs
- BRYAN PONDER, Bells, Jr. — 270-374-3,696 yards, 47 TDs, 12 INTs
- TIM CHILDERS, Crosbyton, Sr. — 224-2,112 yards, 17 TDs
- CLINT EPPERSON, Valley View, Soph. — 208-2,118 yards, 30 TDs
- LADAVION JOHNSON, Linden-Kildare, Soph. — 176-1,902 yards, 28 TDs
- FABIAN VALENZUELA, Santo, Sr. — 6-7 FGs, long of 50, 42-42 PATs, 26 touchbacks
Offensive Player of the Year: Bryan Ponder, Bells.
- ARMONIE BROWN, Refugio, Jr. — 110 tackles, 30 TFL, 5 sacks, 3 fumbles forced
- SEBASTIAN BURKE, Mason, Sr. — 112 tackles, 27 TFL, 4 sacks
- ERIC FISK, Wolfe City, Jr. — 72 tackles, 32 TFL, 19 sacks
- RA’DEDRICK WOODSON, Alto, Sr. — 76 tackles, 9 sacks, 35 TFL, 2 fumbles forced, 2 fumble recoveries
- JAKE COCKERHAM, Mason, Jr. — 116 tackles, 25 TFL, 8 sacks, 4 pass breakups, 2 fumbles caused, 3 fumble recoveries
- BRYAN HINOJOSA, La Villa, Jr. — 163 tackles, 105 solos, 5 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 fumbles caused, 2 INTs
- TY PATTERSON, Linden-Kildare, Jr. — 183 tackles, 22 TFL, 10 fumbles forced, 5 fumble recoveries, 2 INTs, 3 sacks, 2 blocked kicks
- NELSON BERMUDEZ, McCamey — 65 tackles, 2 TFL, 7 INTs, 2 defensive TDs
- CALVIN MARTIN, De Leon, Sr. — 30 tackles, 7 INTs, 9 pass breakups
- CED THOMAS, San Augustine, Sr. — 81 tackles, 6 TFL, 5 INTs, 4 fumble recoveries, 4 pass breakups, 3 defensive TDs
- BRADY WEAVER, Munday, Sr. — 24 tackles, 8 INTs, 6 pass breakups
- KLAY KLAERNER, Mason, Soph. — 14 punts, 42.5 avg., long of 76
Defensive Player of the Year: Ty Patterson, Linden-Kildare
- Kellan Anderson, Wolfe City, Sr.; Matthew Flournoy, Tenaha, Sr.; Noah Harris, Stratford, Sr.; Trevor Horton, Goldthwaite, Sr.; Wesley Strnad, Thrall, Sr.
- Dax Neece, Albany, Sr.; Jake Shaw, Normangee, Sr.
- Brian Hamilton, Albany, Sr.
- Seth Burk, Big Sandy, Sr.; Onterio Thompson, Tenaha, Sr.; Zach Zamzow, Three Rivers, Sr.
- Trey McTaggert, Muenster, Soph.
- Kelan Hodges, De Leon, Jr.; Dillon Moczygemba, Falls City, Sr.; Dax Neece, Albany, Sr.; Kade Sanders, Munday, Sr.
- Ysidro Mascorro, Refugio, Soph.; Kade McBryde, Stratford, Sr.; Wade Rolen, Bells, Sr.
- Max Jackson, Price Carlisle, Sr.; Jamel LaFond, Refugio, Sr.; Jose Ortega, Roscoe, Jr.; Seven Wilbur, Wellington, Jr.
- Fabian Valenzuela, Santo, Sr.
HONORABLE MENTION OFFENSE
LINEMEN: Trebeaux Broussard, Milano; Joey Garcia, De Leon; Brandon Gober, Burton; Dylan Hicks, Celeste; TR Kerr, Mason; Coby Knight, Albany; Lucas Martin, Mason; Chance Morse, Bells; Kyge Poling, Thrall; Trevor Roberson, Wellington; Cristian Uranga, Wink; Kody Walterscheid, Muenster.
- Angel Cuellar, Riviera Kaufer; Trai Gardner, Tenaha; Wade Halterman, Wink; Alex Muery, Riviera Kaufer; Jay Price, Price Carlisle; Luke Ray, Panhandle; De’Monderick Winters, Burton.
- Braden Durst, Panhandle; Carson Fuentes, McCamey; Caleb Harmel, Burton; C.J. Horn, Tenaha; Christian Huey, Sundown; Keyshawn Johnson, Falls City; Jared Kelley, Refugio; Daniel Marin, Freer; Parker McGrew, Muenster; Josh Riley, Wink.
- Tylan Brown, Cumby; Andrew Malcolm, Falls City; Nehemiah Martinez, New Deal; CJ Mercier, Wink; Kevin Miles, Somerville; Koy Pennartz, Windthorst; Khameron Pippins, Big Sandy; Anthony Rangel, De Leon; Christian Salazar, Menard; Clay Stevens, Muenster; Fred Thacker, Alto; Miguel Vasquez, Farwell.
- Isa Cruz, Mason; Leo Garcia, Goldthwaite.
HONORABLE MENTION DEFENSE
- Jaurmez Brock, Tenaha; Tim Chambers, Stamford; Roman Guerrero, La Villa; J.D. Kessler, Gladewater Union Grove; S.L. Lewis, Shriner; Corey Pargmann, Yorktown; Eddie West, Milano.
- Walker Adams, Price Carlisle; Ti Beall, Woodsboro; Tavoris Giles, Tenaha; Garrett Hill, Menard; Clayton Holcomb, Wink; Erick McFall, Big Sandy; Colton Renick, Iola; Cinco Whitehurst, Sabinal; Montal Wilson, Burton; Cameron Worth, Lindsay.
- Gunner Adams, McCamey; Braden Coble, Cumby; Patrick DeLeon, Burton; Adam Faith, Albany; Brian Hamilton, Albany; Zach Hollingsworth, Iola; Kyle King, Milano; Jacob Owen, Linden-Kildare; Lane Patteson, Cross Plains; Jake Swarner, Lindsay; Gerald Turner, Price Carlisle.
- De’Monderick Winters, Burton.